Thursday, December 15, 2011

A completely unauthoritative roundup of songs that became anthems - concluded.

This phase of my life is called monkeying - monkeying around with code. In a world surrounded with yet more false starts and then serious trouble (strike three, four and five) I decided to lavish a bulk of my affections on women on screens, instead.

And in walked in three women - one of them from the past, as if to rightfully stake her place in my head and in my pantheon. Three women whom I have seen in device drivers and manuals, and in kernel source code - much like Neo. No, Deepika Padukone is not on that list. She can go watch horse races and cricket match with that Mallya kid. Bah!

Priyanka Chopra shimmied her way into my thoughts in a silver sari one Thursday night after a day full of meetings in Dostana. Hell, yeah, she was my Desi Girl. And hell, yeah again, in Miami. I have infinitely listened to that song on my iPod and everytime I see silver shimmer somewhere in my vision. She probably has a techie job and then parties on the weekend like crazy - but she is still a good girl and a sweet girl. At 22-23, I was in a techie-job but I never did find my Desi Girl at work - not even when I spent nights there hoping she'd be on the night-shift. I wanted to dance with her. That move looked terribly simple even for a two-left-foot-muscular-miscordinated-movement type of person. I wanted to party. I wanted to dance. I did neither in reality. Still haven't, not yet. I don't know, but my heart know if she were there, then I'd be alright.

But that year, the woman I know want to marry even though she is taller that I am, walked into my life. But I'd like to end with her, so I'll keep that for the end and skip just a little over and skip back here again.

Malaika did make a comeback into my life with "Munni Badnam". I still hum it or listen to it when I am feeling particularly frustrated. The lyrics have me in spilts and Malika reminds me of old days. After kids and a long marriage she still manages to do what actresses half her age struggle to do. That song was all over the place and I first heard it while waiting for a flight in pelting rain on my last trip to Surathkal. I went back and checked that song out on Youtube and it was mountains and steam engines all over. Raw country lyrics, popular references and slugs and 500-million-thousand joules of heat - courtesy Munni. She'd be anything you'd want her to be - atom/item bomb, cinema hall, mango and mostly importantly, dishonourable as well. I saw the movie just to watch that one song one more time again.

But just for a little while, till the lady walks in again - just to tell me that she's there. Katrina knows how to make her presence felt. Brit-accent is the second most hottest language a woman can speak, the first being French. Since, I don't understand French, the Brit-accent is the best. Any woman that can speak English with a Brit-accent has my undivided attention, but if that woman can also speak Hindi with a Brit-accent and look what Aphrodite/Venus/Helen and all those mythical beauties you can think of rolled into one - please please - pick me, pick me.

I like my camera and dabble a little in photography. One place that I really want to go take pictures of are the pyramids in Egypt. Well, that is my most desirable place now on the must-go-someday-list. In came Singh is Kingg and my desired woman was put on my most desired thing to photograph is a stunning black saree with a red-border in a lovely lovely song. I told my sister this was the woman I wanted to marry. She pointed out that Katrina was significantly taller than I am. I said I'd wear heels, stilts, anything. Irrelevant. And I wanted to go to...guess...yeah, Egypt for my honeymoon with her - Egypt - check, Camera - check, Katrina - check, Honeymoon - check, reality - check, #fml. I hate pink - only chewing gums that are pink make sense. Because, chewing gum is usually pink. Pink anything is unbearable. Except strawberry ice-cream. And 1st-standard painting with pink mountains. And, on Katrina. Pink saree, pink lipstick and pink earning are epic wins. On everyone else, epic fails. This isn't even an item number. It is a lovely romantic song with no innuendo and what not. And it is my favorite Bollywood song videos in the past 15 years. I can play the entire video in my head at will. "Sheila ki jawani was hot", baby, but you stole hearts with "Teri ore".

Katrina Kaif, I write code, do research, used to do data mining, I can cook Italian food and I truly madly and deeply love you. Will you please marry me???

3 comments:

dhaval.giani said...

stay away from my katrina ;-)

Safari Al said...

Because she is anyway staying away from you?

Unknown said...

No wonder you both are together.