Monday, September 3, 2007

Help

There are apparently somethings called "Callback registering mechanisms" and "Associated Event Handlers". There are also "Call back functions".

Somehow then, there are the "Interrupt Service Routines" or "ISR" for short that handle interrupts. They do this by taking snapshots of devices and then sending them up.

I can't figure how the f*** all this happens. At least , not clearly enough to say that, "Yeah...I get it!" So will someone please point me where I can find a simple and, yet, not too laymanish an explanation.


Remember, all this is happening with C and C++ and on Linux kernels.

Please, my a** is on the line!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

http://www.informatik.uni-augsburg.de/
lehrstuehle/sik/publikationen/
papers/1999_rtss_bri/
1999_rtss_bri_pdf.pdf

Here's a document I found on Interrupt service Handling. Hope this proves useful.

Unknown said...

http://eventdrivenpgm.sourceforge.net/
event_driven_programming.pdf

This is a link on callback functions.

Safari Al said...

Ra you are god!!! I bow down to thee...